Mobile App Developer (iOS and Android)
We are hiring a passionate iOS/Android developer who will have the opportunity to be involved not only in writing code, but also play a key role in shaping development practices and the product itself.
You will be joining a rapidly growing small company, and this is an opportunity to become an important part of a successful business.
We have a strong development team, and our web application is evolving quickly, using modern development practices to ensure quality code and infrastructure, and a product which is performant, secure and maintainable.
Currently, we do not have the same principles in place with our mobile apps, so we are looking for someone to take responsibility for our app development and bring it in line with the rest of our development team, ensuring we have an efficient process that encompasses all the modern practices you would expect (sprint planning, code reviews, unit testing, release management, analytics etc).
About the Role
- Functionality: development releases will introduce new functionality that meets customer requirements
- Bug free: strive to provide development releases with no defects where possible, to help reduce follow up support time
- On time: Development releases deliver sometimes critical services to customers and meeting deadlines is very important
What the role involves
- Design and manage Android and iOS mobile application development
- Communicate with our design and UX team to ensure a quality end product
- Architect and implement application components and APIs
- Write well structured and maintainable code, implementing coding standards and best practises
- Review colleagues’ code and work as required as part of a structured development process
- Communicate with testing and support teams to ensure a robust and reliable product
- Manage sprint and release cycles to develop features to meet customer and project requirements
- Ensure applications are thoroughly tested through a combination of unit testing, developer testing and our in-house testing team
- Ensure appropriate documentation/updates are provided to relevant colleagues/customers
- Willingness to share ideas and work on projects for improving applications, process or the wider platform
- Experience developing complex applications for Android and iOS (Kotlin, Swift)
- Fast – ability to design and implement neat solutions to complex problems quickly
- A passion for learning new technologies and keeping up to date
- Desire to help apply and evolve structured development practises and standards to create a smooth development process
An Enterprise SaaS company, Passle is an Expert-to-Expert Sales and Marketing Platform which puts the knowledgeable experts within a company at the heart of the sales and marketing process. Passle enables its users to easily create thought leadership content (in the form of blog-style posts), giving the experts within the client’s firm a voice to share their knowledge online. These posts are published onto their firm’s website where they can be shared seamlessly across social networks, emailed to key contacts and even compiled into newsletters. Not only does it make it easy for them to produce content but ultimately helps them build the relationships that drive growth in the business.
We are a team of developers, designers and testers now working remotely and we use Slack to communicate. We are a friendly team and everyone has an important role to play. See our website.
This job offers a lot of scope for working with the latest technologies, learning new skills and endless possibilities for personal development. The ideal candidate will be passionate about creating successful mobile applications, and excited about the possibility of learning new technologies.
Who are our clients?
Our clients include some of the world’s largest law and professional services firms including Deloitte, Freshfields, Linklaters and Reed Smith.
What about COVID-19?
Passle has been fully remote since March 2020 and you will be fully onboarded remotely. Once safe to do so, we will expect all employees to be in our office in Oxford for five days per quarter.
At Passle, we believe in embracing diversity in all its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do their best work with us. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us, so we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them.
Interested in applying? Send your CV and a short paragraph about your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to hear more? Drop us an email for an informal chat with our Head of Talent.