Here at Passle we are looking to hire a Junior Tester into our Testing Team. Read on to find out more about this opportunity and what we are looking for….
What is Passle?
An Enterprise SaaS company, Passle is an Expert-to-Expert Sales and Marketing Platform which puts the knowledgeable experts within a company at the heart of the sales and marketing process. Passle enables its users to easily create thought leadership content (in the form of blog-style posts), giving the experts within the client’s firm a voice to share their knowledge online. These posts are published onto their firm’s website where they can be shared seamlessly across social networks, emailed to key contacts and even compiled into newsletters. Not only does it make it easy for them to produce content but ultimately helps them build the relationships that drive growth in the business. Our clients include some of the world’s largest law and professional services firms including Deloitte, Freshfields, Linklaters and Reed Smith.
What does the role involve and what could you be doing?
A software tester is responsible for ensuring that the product applications and systems work correctly. Without testing, your favourite apps wouldn’t work on your mobile, a car would not be safe to drive, a computer game would be full of glitches and everything would be unpredictable and insecure. For this reason, businesses recognise the importance of testing, and the testing of software has never been more important.
At Passle each and every one of us is responsible for understanding our product intimately, and you’ll start by getting to know our product and all its features. Your role will focus on learning to assess software quality through manual and functional testing. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches. Ultimately, you will help to ensure that our product applications and systems work correctly. The role will also involve the below and more:
- Reporting and documenting technical issues
- Executing test scripts and reviewing results
- Reviewing and analysing system specifications
- Report bugs and errors to the development team
- Help to troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post release/post implementation testing
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Work with Development and Client Success teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life cycle.
What skills do you need?
We’ll teach you all about how to do the job here, so it’s more important you come with some core strengths, behaviours and skills that you’ve gained from school or university. Here are some things that we’ll be looking for evidence of:
- A Levels/BTEC/Undergraduate degree
- Some evidence of interest in software testing (experience not necessary)
- Hunger to learn and willingness to work hard
- Keen eye for detail and analytical mindset – able to use data to analyse and fix problems
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- A problem solver that thinks outside the box
- Ambitious and keen for responsibility as the business grows
- Passionate about quality
What’s in it for me and how will Passle help me to succeed?
- You’ll be working on exciting projects, developing our platform – lots to keep a developer interested
- Many opportunities to learn new technologies, try things out, and develop new skills
- A small and friendly dev team, always learning from each other and working together to deliver neat and robust solutions
- Dev team hack days and team socials
- In-house training and the opportunity to obtain ISTQB certification
What employee benefits do we offer?
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Share Options
- Pension Plan
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Company trips away
- Gympass access
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Flexible working
- IT Equipment & support in setting up your workstation
What is our flexing working policy?
Passle has been fully remote since March of 2020 and allows employees to work from the comfort of their homes. We have offices in Oxford & London which are available for those that choose to commute in. We will ensure you have the equipment that you need to do your job remotely. As part of our policy, and to ensure we find a happy balance, we expect all Passle employees to travel to their contractual office for a minimum of 5 days per quarter. This benefits not only you, but your peers and helps support good cross team collaboration.
At Passle, we believe in embracing diversity in all its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do their best work with us. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us, so we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them.
Interested in applying? Send your CV and a short paragraph about why you think you’d be a great fit for the role to email@example.com