Junior Developer – Enterprise
Level: Entry level
Location: United Kingdom
Here at Passle, we are looking for someone to join us as a Junior Developer to work specifically within our Enterprise Dev team. The role is an exciting opportunity to get experience in a fast growing technology business. You’ll have the opportunity to get to know our product intimately and play a key role in the development of Passle Enterprise.
You will play a key role in developing our main application, APIs as well as plugins.
This role will also involve working with our clients and partners and helping them to get the most out of our product, assisting with integrations, troubleshooting and collaborating with external developers to advise them via video calls and instant messaging.
What is Passle?
Passle is a rapidly growing software company that provides the leading Content Marketing Platform for Professional Services Firms. The Passle software makes it easy and efficient for knowledge-rich professionals (like Lawyers & Consultants), to publish content online that positions them as credible experts and drives business growth. We work with some of the world’s largest law and professional services firms with clients including the likes of Reed Smith, Deloitte, Linklaters.
What does the role involve and what could you be doing?
As a junior software developer you will be working closely with a small team developing and maintaining our different platforms within an agile environment. In every agile cycle you will be assigned certain tickets which you will be responsible for developing with any help or support needed.
We also review each other’s code, which gives us the opportunity to improve our coding, learn from more senior members of the team and stick to best practices which you will also be able to benefit from.
Additionally, you will be tasked with creating new or maintaining and adding functionality to existing plugins for popular CMS systems like WordPress, Umbraco etc.
What skills do you need?
We’ll teach you how to do the job, so it’s important that you come with some knowledge through studying software engineering and development and perhaps some work experience and/or personal projects too. Here are some things that we’ll be looking for evidence of:
- Relevant degree qualification
- Client facing / customer service experience
- Experience with CMS systems – e.g WordPress, Sitecore, Umbraco
- Interest in back-end and API development
- Previous software projects you have worked on that you can demonstrate (personal projects are fine)
- Hunger to learn and willingness to work hard
- Self-starter attitude
- Detail oriented and able to work to deadlines
- Team player
- A problem-solver who thinks outside the box
- Enjoy learning new technologies
- What other skills are not required but desirable?
- Experience with non-relational databases
- Experience with C#, .NET Core/Standard/Framework, WebAPI, MVC
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Experience with any version control system such a Git
- Experience with nodejs
- Experience with JIRA or similar
What’s in it for me and how will Passle help me to succeed?
- Competitive salary, company shares & bonus scheme
- Structured onboarding and training programme
- Training allowance to be spent on your own personal & professional development
- Your will work alongside a superb team of experts to help, mentor and guide you
- Opportunity to work/lead on various interesting technical projects
- Hybrid working & help with setting up your at home work station
- Fun company socials & team activities e.g. Dev Hack Days
At Passle, we believe in embracing diversity in all its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do their best work with us. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us, so we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them.
Interested in applying?
Send your CV and a short paragraph about why you think you’d be a great fit for the role to email@example.com.