Client Technical Support Specialist
Position: Full time – Permanent
Location: In/Around Oxford
Working requirement: Hybrid working. A mix of office (Oxford) and working from home
Reporting to: Support Team Lead
Who are Passle?
Passle is a UK-born rapidly growing software company that provides a leading Content Marketing Platform for Professional Services Firms. The Passle software makes it easy and efficient for knowledge-rich professionals (like Lawyers & Consultants), to publish content online that positions them as credible experts and drives business growth. We work with some of the world’s largest law and professional services firms with clients including the likes of Reed Smith, Deloitte, Linklaters, AlixPartners, Norton Rose Fulbright and DLA Piper.
What does the role involve and what could you be doing?
The role of Client Technical Support sits at the heart of our business, providing high quality technical support to our clients. This will involve providing support to our clients via email and chat applications and for the more complex issues that require nuanced technical instruction, this individual will communicate with clients via phone/video calls where necessary. You will also help to provide clear, written instructions and write/publish technical articles for our clients to use.
This role also acts as the essential link between our teams, working extremely closely with Client Success, Testing and Development. You are expected to troubleshoot and offer technical solutions but also to escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate internal team in a prompt and timely manner.
Below are some additional examples of the role responsibilities:
- Become a Subject Matter Expert for the Passle product suite
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask clients targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, video call, email or chat, until a technical issue is resolved
- Escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers) when necessary
- Collaborate with Testing and Product team colleagues, regarding potential issues or enhancements
- Responsibility for client branding – managing the process in a timely manner and working closely with our freelancers
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to clients and, where necessary, offer suitable alternative solution to clients to help them achieve their goals
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and knowledge base articles
- Maintain strong relationships with clients
- Coordinate technical changes and client issues with relevant teams (eg. Client Success)
- Collate and offer feedback to Product and development teams on user facing changes
Finding an individual with a good positive attitude and aptitude for hard work is paramount for this role. You need to be the person our clients can trust and rely on to help solve their technical issues, therefore the role requires someone who is a stickler for detail, thrives on troubleshooting and is addicted to finding solutions to problems.
Some prior experience with assisting people with computer issues and the ability to explain technical details in a simplified manner is certainly preferable but not essential. To also have experience resolving technical issues for clients, including troubleshooting and user journeys, are also what we are looking out for.
We are also looking for someone who is hungry to learn, not afraid to ask questions, and is keen to develop. The beauty of working for a fast paced start up is the opportunity to constantly learn, to be thrown in at the deep end, to work alongside industry experts and to be part of an exciting journey of continued growth. This is a great opportunity and for the right person, there is a lot of potential for growth and development well into the future.
Continue reading below for a non-exhaustive list of some of the additional key skills & experience that would land well for this role:
Preferable skills & Experience we would like to see:
- Preferably some work experience as a Client Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of and interested in computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Passion for diagnosis of and troubleshooting technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. Zendesk – nice to have)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Hunger to learn and keenness for personal and professional development
What’s in it for me?
We pride ourselves on offering good competitive salaries to match up with the hardwork and commitment our employees give to their jobs here at Passle. Alongside this, we have a whole host of additional employee benefits for everyone. These include:
- Company Share Options – so that each and every one of our employees can benefit from the long term growth and profitability of the company
- Quarterly bonus scheme – to reward everyone for their hard work each quarter
- Pension scheme – to help you save for your future
- 25 days holiday & bank holidays – we value the importance of time off to rest and recharge the batteries
- New IT Equipment & help with WFH set up – you will receive brand new equipment and we will make sure you have everything you need to make sure your home work set up is comfortable and allows you to do your job effectively
- Learning & Development – we have a whole host of resources and tools to support our employees’ learning. Additionally, every employee is entitled to a pool of money to spend on their own personal learning per year. As a few examples, this can be put towards an interesting course, an online learning membership, Further Educational studies, to attend an external conference etc. Choice is yours!
- Cycle To Work Scheme – to give individuals the option to mix up their commute and get some physical exercise in at the same time… whilst saving some pennies!
- Gympass Membership – to support you with your physical and mental wellbeing with a wide range of programmes, classes, access to apps etc
- Fun company socials – we recognise the importance of downing tools and letting our hair down every now and then and so we put on various fun socials across the year so that the teams can get together and have some fun!
What does the interview process look like?
Our interview process will follow the following format:
1st Stage Interview
Sarah Marwood (People & Talent Lead)
2nd Stage Interview
Sophia Plowright (Technical Support Team Lead) & Freddy Dobinson (Head of Client Success US)
**If you get this far, you will then be asked to prepare a short technical task ahead of your next interview**
3rd Stage Interview
Tom Elgar (Co-Founder) & John Bosley (CTO)
Like what you hear? Get applying!
Send your CV and a short paragraph about why you think you’d be a great fit for this role to our Talent & HR Lead – Sarah Marwood! Her email is email@example.com. We endeavour to get back to you within 48 hrs of receiving your application.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Passle
At Passle, we believe in embracing diversity in all its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do their best work with us. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us, so we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them.